The Chalet is located on the almost 5 acre property of the old Portage Inn (5 minutes up the hill) which just reopened to B & B guests.
Play on the walk-in kid-friendly beach.
Take a canoe ride around beautiful Peninsula Lake!
Take our sunfish for a spin
Roast marshmallows day or night!
Hike up the hill for a great view of the lake...
Just relax and read from one of our
comfie Muskoka chairs.
Relax and enjoy the view from inside the lower recreation room.
View from the dining room. These two sofas pull out to queen-sized beds
The fully equipped kitchen opens into the
large living/dining room.
Large entry hall ..leads to bathroom with jacuzzi bath and the laundry room.
The bedroom looks out on the lake.
Upstairs there are 3 bedrooms, a living room/dining room, fully equipped kitchen, 1.5 baths and a Muskoka room
Looking LAST MINUTE? The Chalet may Available..It recently came on the market so it may NOT be too late!
Enjoy beautiful sunsets from the Portage Chalet!
Or go for a swim.
Or take the kayak for a sunset spin.
Have a campfire and
Sit down next to our bubbling stream.
Play volleyball in our sandy court
Have a barbeque from one of the two decks.
View from the entry hall of the lower level.
Light the Franklin Stove if it gets chilly outside.
Play games or enjoy dinner inside if you don't want to eat on the picnic table outside.
A pretty queen-sized bed in the bedroom and ...
And opens out to the deck outside...
The Portage Chalet in Muskoka on Peninsula Lake sleeps 13 @ $299/night or $1993 per week ($100 discount) . Prices are a little higher for high seasons such as holidays--please enquire. It is a cottage with 2 suites with separate entrances. Perfect for a large family or a group of friends who want to spend time together and still have a little privacy.
Available year round, for weekends or by the week or month. July and August we prefer full weeks from Friday to Friday.
- The chalet is on the 5 acre property of the old Portage Inn with waterfront on beautiful and pristine Peninsula Lake.
· Sleeps 13 with 4 bedrooms (3 upstairs and 1 downstairs)
Beds include 2 queen, 1 double and 1 bunk with lower double and upper twin bed and then 2 queen sofas in the downstairs living room.
Three twin rollaways are available too.
· Two separate living/dining areas and two fully equipped kitchens and a Muskoka Room. Walkout to decks overlooking the lakes on both upper and lower
· 2.5 bathrooms, 1 with whirlpool tub/shower
· Laundry Room
· High speed internet
· Satellite TV
· 2 Franklin stoves (propane)
· 2 TVs and DVD players.
· Kid-friendly walk-in sandy beach available on gradual sandy shoreline--perfect for swimming for all ages (across small country road from chalet). Fishing in Peninsula Lake is terrific.
· Private sitting area looking over a beautiful stream on the property.
· Picnic tables, Muskoka Chairs, Barbeques, Fire Pits, Swing Set
· Open fields for frisbee or baseball
· 3 Canoes, a Kayak, a Sunfish Sailboat and a pedal boat available. We have some life jackets but best bring your own if you have them.
· Convenient road access.
· Plenty of parking.
· In the heart of Muskoka*, on the south shore of beautiful pristine Peninsula (Pen) Lake (part of a 40 -mile 4-lake system) at North Portage Rd and Wolf Bay Road. *An area renowned for its spectacular beauty, sparkling lakes, and natural wilderness.
· 1 minute drive to South Portage public boat ramp to Lake of Bays and South Portage Marina or 10 minute drive to Peninsula Lake boat ramp.
· 12 minutes from downtown Huntsville, 10 minutes from Deerhurst Resort and many other golf courses and 25 minutes to Algonquin Park or Arrowhead Park. 2.5 hours from Toronto.
· On Snow Mobile Routes 77 and 54 and in Wolf Bay, perfect for ice fishing in winter!
· 12 Minutes to Hidden Valley Ski Resort.
Local Attractions All Year
Muskoka’s largest hospital,
theatre and dining in
Huntsville and area.
Many potential day trips and activities if you need time away from the chalet – Algonquin Park, Santa’s Village, entertainment (at Deerhurst or Algonquin Theatres), Festival of the Arts and local fairs.
Access exercise and weight rooms, ping pong, pool, squash, indoor tennis, an indoor swimming pool and hot tub at nearby Deerhurst.
Enjoy the local wildlife. Visitors to the area have spotted such creatures as deer, moose, fox, bear, mink, martens, otter, beaver, squirrels, skunks, porcupines, raccoons, chipmunks, wolves, and many different species of birds.
Enjoy many local golf courses including world-renowned Deerhurst and Grandview (Mark O’Meara) (8 minutes away), festivals, museums, Muskoka Lake cruises, hiking, mountain biking, horse-back riding, paintball, swimming, canoeing, kayaking, boating, water-skiing, fishing and other water activities.
Located on snowmobile trails number 77 and 54, 8 minutes from Hidden Valley Skiing (downhill) and snowboarding or bring your cross-country skis or snowshoes and explore the area, or do some tobogganing, tubing, ice skating, dog sledding, sleigh rides or ice fishing. It is gorgeous and fun too!
What to bring
Please bring your own towels, paper products, life jackets, drinking water (in case you don't love our well water as much as we do), soap and bed linens.
Just re-opened so lots of
Call 877-241-7614 for more
information and to book the